[vlma-devel] About Fictive adapters !

Adrien Maglo magsoft at via.ecp.fr
Fri May 23 00:12:16 CEST 2008

Hy,

As you probably know, for the last functionalities I add in the VLMa
(Files and stream support), because of the way the VLMa has been
programmed, I had to create two types of fictive adapters :
files-adapter and stream-adpater.
So currently, if you want to broadcast a file channel or a stream, you
have to add those adapters in the server you have chosen.
But this situation is a but annoying. Indeed, the fictive adapter notion
is not something easy to understand for the user who has never got in
the VLMa source code.
We can't totally remove this notion because this is the way the VLMa
works. However we could add one files-adapter and one stream-adapter
when a server is created and make their presence transparent for the
user. In this case, he will just have to select the server he wants to
broadcast the media when he edit the channel.

What to you think about this subject ?

--
MagSoft