[vlmc-devel] [VLMC] #234: Importing files

Dr. Sultan Aszazin aszazin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:29:06 CEST 2011

Hello,

the ticket was closed, hope this mail reaches it's destination.

Yes, just the ability to drag/drop media from the file browser to the
timeline (or anywhere a media can be dropped) and this media should be
added at once the the project library.

didn't check VLMC again yet (but will check again soon, an interesting
project), but a 'clear unused media'-button (which removes any unused
media from the project library) and a 'save media with project'-checkbox
(in the save-dialog) are also very interesting. (when one has made
something from media scattered around on the disk(s), it can be saved in
one folder.
(if this isn't included or planned already).

Another thing that might be interesting is a container-format for
projects (in which different (trimmed) media are stored, but together
with timeline data. This format can be playable be a decent media player
(called VLC:).
This can be interesting for the creation of musical videos or other
creation where the same media is used repeatedly, shrinking the media
file size without touching the quality. Just a side thought, but it
might give an interesting aspect to VLMC which others don't have.
(comparable to the tracker .mod modules for music)

(Just some side thoughts I had recently, a mature NLE is what I need to
leave Windows behind, so I really like this project!)

--
Owstone - Xtreme ElektroniX <http://ows.freeshell.org>