[vlmc-devel] Installing VLMC

Rohit Yadav rohityadav89 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:09:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Shailendra Sinha <og.tech79 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for response.
> I have all libraries in place.

Also check for qt4 dev tools: qt4-dev-tools qt4-qmake
(Your cmake failed to translate and moc, it should print a line like this:
-- Translations:
ca;cs;de;es;fr;gl;it;ja;nl;pl;pt;ro;ru;si;sk;sv;ta;tr;uk;zh)

It looks like you use Ubuntu, so get your system updated... do a: apt-get
update && apt-get upgrade

Please have a look at error log , I am attaching logs and hope it will give
> clue why source is not compiling.
>

>From the log, it looks like:
- You have the old source code, clone latest...
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlmc.git;a=summary
- Your cmake is old, version 2.6.0+ is fine, 2.8.0-2.8.2 has bugs, so I
won't recommend it... I use cmake 2.8.3 and recommend the same...

There are some VLMC PPAs managed by other people. If you simply want to
install and use VLMC on Ubuntu, this is the one I manage:
https://launchpad.net/~rohityadav/+archive/vlmc

For Ubuntu (10.10+) users, here's how you install VLMC from my PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rohityadav/vlmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlmc

If it still fails for you to build, in the CMakeLists.txt, line 68, change:
SET(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE OFF)
SET(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE ON)

and do a clean build (rm -fr *; cmake ..; make) and send us the log and
outputs of these commands: lsb_release -a; uname -a

Hope this helps,
Rohit