[vlmc-devel] Fwd: Error trying to build mac osx version

Nils Widmer maratron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:20:56 CET 2016

How can I build this on OSX ElCaptain, I get following error:

[ 23%] Generating vlmc_zh_CN.qm
Updating '/Users/gorkypark/Downloads/vlmc/vlmc/build/ts/vlmc_zh_CN.qm'...
     Generated 0 translation(s) (0 finished and 0 unfinished)
     Ignored 431 untranslated source text(s)
[ 23%] Built target translations
[ 24%] Automatic moc for target vlmc
[ 24%] Built target vlmc_automoc
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `src/qrc_resources-ts.cpp', needed
by `src/CMakeFiles/vlmc.dir/qrc_resources-ts.cpp.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/vlmc.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
MacBook-Pro:build

I followed (note there's no #dmg in /src/CMakeLists.txt, at the end of
the file. like it says):

### Dependencies:
- Build tools: Xcode command-line tools
- homebrew

### Get the sources:
   git clone https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlmc.git

## Building and Packaging

### Get the actual dependencies:
* brew tap tomahawk-player/tomahawkqt5
* brew install cmake
* brew install vlc
* brew install Qt5
* brew install frei0r

### Compile vlmc:
Now cd to root source directory and build:
   mkdir build && cd build
   cmake ..
   make

This will by default create a Mac Bundle, vlmc.app in /build/bin

### To create a dmg image:
  Uncomment #dmg in /src/CMakeLists.txt, at the end of the file.
  and follow the build process, the dmg will be created in /build/bin