Vls freezes under RH7.1 at initialization

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou bozo at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jun 6 11:07:37 CEST 2001

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> I ran into trouble with VLS under RH 7.1 and tracked down one problem to
> this function. When the debugger hits getprotobyname the application
> freezes due to a shared library problem. Does anybody now how to solve
> it?
>
> int C_Vls::CheckEnvir()
> {
>   int iRc = 0;
>
> #ifdef LINUX
>   if(!getprotobyname("tcp"))
>   {
>     printf("Unknown protocol: TCP\n");
>     iRc = GEN_ERR;
>   }
>
>   else if(!getprotobyname("udp"))
>   {
>     printf("Unknown protocol: UDP\n");
>     iRc = GEN_ERR;
>   }
> #elif defined WIN32
>   // TO DO
>
> #endif
>
>   return iRc;
> }

Hi,

I don't know why it freezes here but I think it's due to RH because I haven't
had any problem with this code with the unstable tree of debian for two years.

On the other hand I think this code is completely useless (and might have a
little leak and it's _bad_) so you can remove it (just leave the method empty),
I'll remove it from the cvs soon (could someone sell me free time ?).

Regards,

--
Arnaud.