CVS Commit: vls

Cyril Deguet cyril at sphinx.via.ecp.fr
Sat Nov 3 15:21:07 CET 2001

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> Excellent !
Well, it wasn't that difficult: the kfir driver does everything ;)

> You chose the PS mode while the kfir supports a TS mode,
> what is the rationale behind this ?
I'd have preferred TS mode, but I encountered a lot of problems with
it:
- if I create a TS file with the kfir, and then read it with the vlc,
the stream becomes unreadable after a few seconds
- The same if a read this file (or /dev/video) with the vls.
- However if I pipe the file into ts2ps (from dvb-mpegtools) , I get a
PS stream readable by the vlc, so maybe ts2ps does a better job than
vlc/vls ;)

- On the other hand, PS mode works perfectly with vlc

> Is it stable enough for a VLS  0.3.1 release ?
It works quite fine in PS mode, but some problems seem to happen when
reading the stram for a long time (the stream gets dirty and after a
while the vls stops reading it)
I suspect that vls doesn't handle very well discontinuities in PS
streams, and it could explain this problem.
If this is solved, a release is possible, I think.

--
Cyril