libxml example usage for config

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 22 15:43:57 CEST 2002

Om Mon, 22 Apr Bill wrote:

>> I'd brought up the idea that
>> videolan could use xml configurations
>> for both Windows & Linux - I came
>> across the IceS source feeder section of
>> iceshout that does exactly this,
>> using libxml - if anyone's interested,
>> check out:
>>
>> http://www.icecast.org/download.html
>
>Oops, guess they're multiplying like rabbits -
>Lame is now using the tinyxml project (http://tinyxml.sf.net)
>which might have a smaller footprint for just handling
>config files.

tinyxml looks really interesting and it might be the way to go in the future, but right now the simple config file format and parsing that we have (for vlc at least) seems to do the job quite nicely so I don't really see any reason to switch to something else (at least in the near future).
Now I don't have the slight idea about what vls is using for its config file, so maybe they could be interested...

Anyway, thanks for the pointers :)

--
Gildas