Errors in Local File Output

Van der Westhuisen Chris chrisvdw at sentech.co.za
Mon Aug 19 11:42:19 CEST 2002

Hi Guys,

I am working in a DVB environment. My final aim is to write an application
to capture the TS output from VLS and stream it out on an ASI output card.
So my first step was to "record" a file in TS format using the Local File
option.

I had problems with this right from the start as the output file never
contained pure transport packets and mostly obviously too small.  Last
night, however, I tried to stream the same file I used before using a 486
running Slackware Linux 8.1.  The output was perfect (bigger than the .vob
file as I would expect).

So I streamed the same file this morning on different machines. It is a .vob
file, size 11 268 096 bytes.  Here are the results:

	486 Linux	12 373 972 bytes ("correct")
	AlphaServer running Linux 11 749 624
	Pentium III running Linux 11 026 388
	Celeron running Windows   11 322 166

I hope you can shed some light on this!  I have a Transport Packet Viewer I
wrote (Windows only unfortunately).  Let me know if any of you (VLS
developers) wants it.

Thanks,

Chris van der Westhuizen
The content of this E-mail, which may include one or more attachments, is
strictly confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named
recipient(s). If you have received this E-mail in error, you are not
permitted to and must not disclose, distribute, or retain it, and are
requested to please notify the sender immediately by return E-mail and
delete it thereafter.
E-mail is not necessarily secure or error free as information could arrive
late or contain viruses or could be incomplete, intercepted, corrupted, lost
or destroyed. It is the responsibility of the named recipient(s) to ensure
that E-mails are virus free.
No employee or intermediary is authorized to conclude a binding agreement on
behalf of Sentech (Pty) LTD by E-mail without the express written
confirmation by a duly authorized representative of Sentech. The use or
contents of this E-mail is intended for Sentech's business.  If it is used
for any other purpose, the views expressed are those of the sender and no
liability will attach to Sentech.