[vls-devel] Re: RTP timestamp & encapsulation

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Tue Dec 10 17:10:05 CET 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002, Riccardo Freschi wrote:
> 1) Is RTP protocol used to deliver MPEG packets?

Yes, and for example the RFC 2250 describes the RTP payload format for
MPEG. For the payload type, you can see RFC 1890 (table). In vls, as we
have MP2 TS, so the type is 33.

> 2) In case the answer to the previous question is yes: how is the RTP
> timestamp computed? Is it related to the PCR?

In the case of vls, we interpreted RTP as the date an UDP packet is
sent (with 90000Hz clock conversion). So, it's extrapolated PCRs.

--
Tristan