[vls-devel] Re: need to support new SI tables in libdvbpsi

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Wed Dec 11 12:10:42 CET 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> Hi, I need to be able to parse more of the standard DVB-T SI tables
> (e.g. NIT, EIT). libdvbpsi only supports PAT+PMT at the moment, so I
> might as well add what I'm doing to that.
>
> Is anyone working on this at the moment? I don't want to duplicate work
> needlessly.

I've already done the SDT support. I try to commit it today.

The problem with the DVB PSI tables was that there can be several
different tables in one PID channel, so we had to change a bit the way
libdvbpsi handles PSI. With bozo we thought about a new table
demultiplexor between the PSI decoder and the table-specific (SDT, NAT
...) decoder. It sends a PSI to the right specific decoder according to
to its table ID and table ID extension. It seems to work, but I'm not
really satisfied with it, cause the API got a bit complicated. I think
it will require some simplifications.

By the way, there is a mailing list dedicated to libdvbpsi developpers,
libdvbpsi-devel at videolan.org.
--
Jobi