[vls-devel] Re: Reading the DTS

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Thu Dec 19 23:42:18 CET 2002

Hello Oon,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002, Heok Kee Oon wrote:
>    Just want to find out, is there any function in vls
> that allows me to read the DTS of the PES?

I don't think so, since vls does not deal with what's inside of PES
packets.

>    Also, those listed under "Packet Definitions" in
> src/mpeg/mpeg.h, do they define the sizes of a PES
> header? Because I was referring to a book on MPEG2 and
> it seems like the sizes are different. Can someone
> just tell me what are those values?

I checked that, I didn't understand what your issues were ...

START_CODE_LEN is the '0x00 00 01 xx' start code (4 bytes)

PES_SIZE_LEN is the size of the "pes_size" field (2 bytes)

MPEG1_PACK_HEADER_LEN is the length os the mpeg1 pack header : SCR
field, mux_rate and marker_bits (8 + 4 bytes)

MPEG2_PACK_HEADER_LEN is for mpeg2 : SCR, SCR ext, mux_rate, marker_bit
(10 + 4 bytes)

Have you got a more specific problem ?

--
Tristan