[vls-devel] Re: patch to limit DVB streams

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Sun Dec 22 21:59:33 CET 2002

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> This patch will limit the types of streams streamed for DVB to just
> audio/video. Currently the stream types are hardcoded, hoping to make it
> dynamic in the future.

Why do you want to do that?

I think lots of people using DVB streaming with vls and vlc like to be
able to switch to another audio track (e.g. german, franch dubbing of an
English spoken movie) or want to take a peep at teletext for the
streamed channel. Or in the MHP/HAVIh case use one of the programs in
there... Or in the DVD case switch camera angle ... etc. You get the
point ?

I do not want too step on you toes, I'm just curious.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.