DVD Question

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 18:55:09 CET 2002

I would take a look at libdvdread.
This is a library which can read where all the chapters are in the .VOB
files.
If you also look and dvdnav (dvd.sf.net) which uses it for DVD menus, you
could modify it to output the first 10 seconds of each chapter to a file
quite easily.

libdvdread also has a play-title test program, which you could also modify
to just output the first 10 seconds of a particular chapter.

Cheers
James