multicast and FreeBSD

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jun 20 15:59:18 CEST 2002

Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Has there been any work done to port vls to FreeBSD? I
> was looking at the Makefile and see an entry for
> Darwin. I would be interested in helping with a port
> if it hasn't been done already. Do you have any design
> documents I could read, are you interested?

Caution, vlms != vls. I suppose you're talking about vlms since there is no
entry for Darwin in the vls (and vls hasn't been ported to Darwin). VLMS should
be quite easy to port to FreeBSD, it should be very close to SYS=DARWIN or
SYS=SOLARIS. We're interested in patches.

VLS needs some more patching to be ported to other UNIX OSes, but it shouldn't
be too difficult. Again, we're interested in patches.