What MPEG formats does vls support now?

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Wed Mar 13 01:15:02 CET 2002

At 16:07 +0100 11/03/2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

>On the website I see: MPEG1 PS, MPEG2 PS, MPEG2 TS, DVDs, but after some
>testing I can only see it work with:
>+ *.vob files (MPEG2 PS) e.g: Dolby_Egypt.vob
>+ MPEG2 TS
>
>It failes with Dolby_Egypt.mpeg.

Your problem is probably not in the system layer, but in the
elementary stream layer. MPEG video decoding needs to have a sequence
header ; on most MPEG-1 files, the sequence header is only at the
beginning of the stream, thus it can be retrieved if you catch the
stream at random. MPEG-2 files cope with it by repeating the sequence
header periodically.

--
Christophe Massiot.