averaging UDP stream

Jan Vermaete jan.vermaete at mtecwireless.com
Tue Mar 26 17:43:32 CET 2002

Hello,

We want to use videolan for demonstrating our new wireless network
equipment.

But, we have the following problem:
One MPEG-TS gives us a stream with an average of 344 udp packets/s.  But
that stream seems to be a kind of burst transport.  Vls sends some
packets (+/- 10) very fast and then a long time nothing.  The maximum
speed (of these packets sent as a burst) is +/- 25000 packets/sec.  I
included a log message captured with Ethereal.
That's to fast for or equipment.

How can we average this stream.  I mean, sending the udp packets more
equally spread over time?

mvg

PS: we use linux 2.4.18
--
Jan Vermaete
R&D Engineer
jan.vermaete at mtecwireless.com
Visit us at: www.mtecwireless.com
M-TEC WIRELESS, member of the M-TEC GROUP
Designing Network Solutions, for People, by People.
Tel. +32 (0)15 63 21 00 - Fax. +32 (0)15 63 21 11
Visit our website at: http://www.mtecgroup.com/