[vls-devel] Re: vls doesn't stop sending...

Heok Kee Oon oonheokkee78 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 13:14:52 CET 2002

Hi,

   Sorry for the late reply, but we had to take a
break for the exams. Anyway, here's to answer
Jean-Paul question:

   We've tried using the default UDP instead of the
new transport protocol (SCTP), but it still displays a
black screen with no picture and sound at all. We've
also observed the messages on the logs and it seems to
be losing more packets when using UDP compared to
SCTP.

   When running with SCTP, we observed that there are
only 3 lines of packet loss indicated (and it seems to
be always the same numbers), namely:
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 14
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 8
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 6

When using UDP, there were approximately 20+ of those
lines appearing. Do you have any suggestions as to
what is wrong?

   Tristan: You previously mentioned about having some
codes that can display if it's an I, P or B-frame that
is being sent. Do you still have it? It would really
be a great help if you still have it. Thanks a lot!

   Sorry for the long mail. Hope to hear soon!! :)

Oon, Heok Kee
--- Jean-Paul Saman