[vls-devel] Multicasting multiple streams on nova-t

Richard Hindley richard.hindley at westminster.org.uk
Fri Apr 18 21:07:13 CEST 2003

http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vls/200212/msg00035.html and follow-ups
suggest a patch for a problem with the nova-t card. It should be
possible to multicast multiple programs simultaneously from the same mux
- but only one works at a time.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, it looks like an "official" patch for
this didn't make it into 0.5.0, because this problem still seems to
exist. The patches suggested in the archives are against CSV at that
time, so they're not directly usable. Maybe someone can help? It would
certainly be useful to incorporate this into a future release.

My plan is to build a server which offers a selection of DVB stations
across the LAN via multicast. VideoLan with nova-t looks like the best
way to go at present. I'm thinking maybe two servers each which two
nova-t cards to cover 4 muxes.

Richard