[vls-devel] Re: ps2to broken in CVS

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Tue Dec 9 18:16:14 CET 2003

On Sunday 23 November 2003 19:35, Alexis de Lattre wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003, Alexis de Lattre wrote :
> > I have this problem on all the DVDs I have tested (3 different DVDs).
> > The problem only appears after 10 to 20 minutes !
> >
> > > Must be some feature of that particular stream... can you get a small
> > > sample of it (say 10 seconds) so I can have a look perhaps?
> >
> > Do you have a DVD and a DVD player to try and reproduce the problem ? I
> > can't reproduce it on a small sample file...
>
> Andrew, you had time to test on a DVD ? You managed to reproduce the
> problem ?

Hi, I've been really busy with other stuff at work the last while to look into
it, so I'm only getting round to it now...

I've seen the same sort of problems... For me (using the Fellowship of the
Ring), weird things started to happen after a bit.... sounds started to speed
up and general corruption occurred.

I ripped the stream off the DVD in order to test if it was some feature of
libdvdcss.. but it still had the same problems.

Also, my work has had this problem with the program streams of movies we buy
direct.

I did test it for several hours originally with some short looped program
streams... say about 5 minutes each, for hours, and there didn't seem to be a
problem with those....

Anyway, hopefully I'll have something soon.