[vls-devel] Re: kernel 2.4 + vls + hauppauge nova + DVB 0.9.4 works but no audio?

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 10 20:53:39 CET 2003

Kai Thost wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've got vls running so far. video streams fine
> but i am not getting any sound. when i stream a
> .vob-file i am getting audio, so i guess it's
> a problem with the dvb.
>
> i tried to 'pre-tune' the card with dvb-tune
> to the desired channel, but the card always
> tunes to a different frequency. strange that is.
>
> has anyone experienced similar problems?
>
> kai
>
> ps: i checked out the latest CVS for the modules and libdvbpsi
>
> btw: do i have to recompile vls after upgrading libdvb or libdvbpsi?
> i always did ...

Do not use another program to tune the card to a frequency. In the
vls.cfg file a section called "DVB" and an input "DVB" should be
declared that does exactly this. So look in the example vls.cfg that is
installed together with the vls server. You'll find this usually in
/usr/etc/videolan/vls/vls.cfg together with an input.cfg file.

BTW which vls version are you running?

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman