[vls-devel] Re: dvbinput.cpp CVS - broken

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Sun Jul 27 01:30:44 CEST 2003

Alexander Afanasyev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Run as root.
> Working for me version vls-0.5.3.

Okay, so it must be a change in the CVS that breaks it. Hmmmm!

> I stop it. And compile CVS version
> (with the same libdvb) and start it,
> but nothing i can stream :(

Could you send me full logs on ./configure with --enable-debug and make
steps? Also a full run from vls and could you run vls under valgrind?

valgrind --skin=cachegrind vls

Valgrind can be found here: http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/

> and one more question. Why for streaming
> of 3 TV channels from same DVB-S board
> (from one transponder) i got processor
> load 80-90% (i have P4 1.6 GHz/256 RAM).
> I think it is ubnormal, people stream
> 20 channels on one machine :( what can be wrong?

use gtop or top to see how much of that CPU is vls?

Grtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.