[vls-devel] VLS on WinXP

Gilbert Tsang gtsang at attbi.com
Mon Mar 10 00:11:20 CET 2003

Anyone has any experience of running the pre-compiled WIN32 vls (version
0.40,
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vls/0.4.0/win32/vls_0.4.0-win.zip)
on windows XP?

The executable starts out okay, but just when I start a program that
contains a streamable MPEG file (actually I obtained it through
ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/streams/presentation/presentation_sh
ort.vob), vls crashes on me (every time!). This happens actually before
the vlc is launched.

The following is output on screen ( I had screen log enabled)

Synchronised with PS stream
New Pid assigned: 80
PMT Add, PID : 0x80 , Type : 0x5
Synchronised with PS stream
Time discontinuity in PS stream
New Pid assigned: 81
PMT Add, PID : 0x81 , Type : 0x5
New Pid assigned: 82
PMT Add, PID : 0x82 , Type : 0x5
New Pid assigned: 83
Video: 0x83 , 131
PMT Add, PID : 0x83 , Type : 0x2
updating PCR_PID to value 131 (current pid = 0)
New Pid assigned: 84
Audio: 0x84 , 132
PMT Add, PID : 0x84 , Type : 0x4

Tried the same setup on Windows 2000 workstation; result is the same.

Any hints or pointers are highly appreciated!

Regards,

Gilbert.