[vls-devel] Question on V4L sound in CVS

Bart Kerver bart.kerver at surfnet.nl
Thu Mar 20 10:20:25 CET 2003

Hi,

I experience a problem with the samplerates of the sound captured with
V4L in the latest VLS from CVS. Encoding using Haupage BT878 and using
that cards sound device results in a different/wrong samplerate in the
latest VLC. [BTW, I know this is one of the first releases of that
feature and it is GREAT!]

It seems to be that the sound is sampled at a lower (say 32Khz) and is
being played back on a different samplerate (say 44 Khz). Therefore the
pitch of the sound is higher and there are hickups. I rememeber that the
BT878 had some problem with 44Khz. I configured the VLC client to change
the playback speed at 32Khz, and the sound seemed to improve.

Anyone with same experience?

If you want to check it out, I can start the server in multicast.

BTW - Using the latest CVS from FFMPEG the RAW2TS nolonger compiles.

Regards and keep on the good work!
Bart

--
---