[vls-devel] Re: Question on V4L sound in CVS

Bart Kerver Bart.Kerver at surfnet.nl
Fri Mar 21 10:41:55 CET 2003

Eric,

>>It seems to be that the sound is sampled at a lower (say 32Khz) and is
>>being played back on a different samplerate (say 44 Khz). Therefore the
>>pitch of the sound is higher and there are hickups. I rememeber that the
>>BT878 had some problem with 44Khz. I configured the VLC client to change
>>the playback speed at 32Khz, and the sound seemed to improve.
>

>  I didn't have such issues up to now. You can modify the samplerate in VLS
> with the latest CVS thanks to Philippe Jouguet's patch, could you check if it
> can actually fix your problem ?

Thanks for the new feature/patches, all has been patched, but it doesn't
work (yet). If you like I can start a multicast so you can see and
hear/see it yourself too?

Source in use:
CVS VLS - this morging (21/03/03)
CVS ffmpeg - wednesday (19/03/03)

hardware in use:
Haupage WinTV PCI FM BT878 (using cable-input)

---------
vls: configure --enable-vls --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local/src/ffmpeg...
--enable-debug

configfile attached

VLC version: 0.5.2
-1- tested VLC with audio settings configured just like VLS (tested with
16KHz upto 48Khz)

-2- with VLS: i tried mp2 mp3 and ogg and all the samplerates.
---------

The only (strange?) message VLS gives is:
"sample rate 32000 not supported" - though 44100 has been configured...

I have looked into the source, this might have to do with ffmpeg (could
that be?)

Regards,
Bart

--