[vls-devel] Re: Occasional crazy problem with vls

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Mon Jan 19 16:11:32 CET 2004

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> Its a CVS snapshot from 21 Oct 2003 with my recent fixes for PS streaming
> problems patched on top of it. The reason I'm not using the most recent is
> simply time: I don't have the time right now to do a full test to ensure
> everything is working... and I don't fancy deploying an untested version to
> all our clients.

> It does include the modifications to the interpolation code you are talking
> about.

I just discovered that the HEAD of that branch lacks the interpolation
code. It got lost during the merge from v0.5.0 branch.

The latest version with the interpolation code is thus 1.24, beware of
this when upgrading your VLS.

A lower values then iWait < 300ms is not realistic and could be dropped,
just as you suggest. The spec's say about 100 ms.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman