[vls-devel] R: Re: Streaming DVB channels with VideoLAN server

Paolo Scaffardi scaffardi at airventsam.it
Thu Jun 17 17:04:31 CEST 2004

Hi there!

>> We are working on this goal: streaming more DVB channels from a PC to a
>> network of STB/PC clients using VideoLAN (both free-to-air and
>> encrypted).

>Just make sure you clear the licensing issues with these sorts of
>things.

This is a legal problem related to the provider that sends the transmission,
not a technicial problem. We DO have to implement the CAM/CI stuff into
VideoLan server to display a channel on a TV far away from the satellite
receiver in the PC. Displaying it on one or more TV at once it's a licence
problem to be clear with the provider when needed.

Bye,
Paolo Scaffardi
AIRVENT SAM SpA
via Macanno 32, 47900 RIMINI (RN)