[vls-devel] jVLC streaming question

Diego Sanchez Gallo dsgallo at larc.usp.br
Thu Sep 20 23:38:11 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I don't know exactly for what list I should ask for help about the jVLC,
since I couldn't find any specific list for that, so I'm sending my
questions here, hoping that someone here work with jVLC or know someone that
could help me...

I'm trying to create a streaming server using jVLC (the java binding for
VLC) and I'm having trouble using the addBroadcast method from VLM.javaclass.

I've already implemented a video player using jVLC, so I believe the
environment itself is alright, and now I'm trying to create the server also
using jVLC.

I'm doing just a simple test trying to stream some content:

VLMIntf vlm = new VLM(1); //What is this long parameter?
try {
    vlm.addBroadcast("Test channel", "E:\\MediaContent\\Z1N_teste_1.mpg",
"#duplicate{dst=std{access=rtp,mux=ts,dst=172.20.5.19:1234}}", null, true,
false);
} catch (VLCException e) {
    // TODO Auto-generated catch block
    e.printStackTrace();
}

and I'm getting the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: _addBroadcast
    at org.videolan.jvlc.VLM._addBroadcast(Native Method)
    at org.videolan.jvlc.VLM.addBroadcast(VLM.java:39)
    at test.Test.main(Test.java:20)

I believe the error is coming from the native call to the DLLs right. The
jVLC could't find some dependency... I would like to know if it's possible
to stream some content with jVLC (or if it have just the client
functionalities), and if yes, what could I be doing wrong?

note: I tried other formats for the content location, like file://xxx, but I
believe this error is before the usage of that address... Am I right?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! ;-)

Thanks,
Diego