[vls-devel] Compilation Issue

Amaresh Ram Amaresh.Ram at lntinfotech.com
Thu Jan 3 12:14:45 CET 2008

Hi,

I have downloaded VLS 0.5.6 and trying to compile on Linux OS. I am unable
to compile it and getting following error message.

Generating dependancies for src/core/application.cpp...
Compiling src/core/application.cpp...
g++  -Wall -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-DCONFIG_PATH='"/usr/local/etc/videolan/vls"' -DBUGGY_VLC -DYY_NO_UNPUT
-DSYSLOG  -o obj/core/appl
ication.o -c src/core/application.cpp
In file included from src/core/application.cpp:97:
src/core/hashtable.h:67: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded
by 'template <>'
src/core/hashtable.h:80: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded
by 'template <>'
src/core/hashtable.h:93: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded
by 'template <>'
In file included from src/core/application.cpp:113:
src/core/library.cpp: In member function `void C_Library<Type,
Arg>::Load()':
src/core/library.cpp:82: error: `DL_LAZY' was not declared in this scope
src/core/library.cpp:93: error: there are no arguments to `dlsym' that
depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `dlsym' must be
available
src/core/library.cpp:93: error: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept
your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
src/core/library.cpp:110: error: there are no arguments to `dlsym' that
depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `dlsym' must be
available
src/core/library.cpp: In member function `void C_Library<Type,
Arg>::Unload()':
src/core/library.cpp:133: error: there are no arguments to `dlclose' that
depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `dlclose' must be
available
src/core/library.cpp: In member function `C_String C_Library<Type,
Arg>::GetLoaderError()':
src/core/library.cpp:177: error: there are no arguments to `dlerror' that
depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `dlerror' must be
available
make: *** [obj/core/application.o] Error 1

Please let me know whether my linux system is missing something or latest
version of VLS on FTP is broken.

regards,
Amaresh