[vls-devel] Network gateway issue with VLS server

susovan susovan at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Jul 21 08:06:49 CEST 2008

HI,
   I am working with IP SET TOP BOX . In Our project we use VLS as broadcast
server .
   Previously all the server and client are connected in a  local network
separate from our
   office network. I am attaching the configuration file for this
arrangement.
         we test two scenario connecting the server and client in our office
network.
   scenario - 1
       server - IP address -10.60.6.41
                  Subnet mask-255.255.255.0
                  Gateway - 10.60.6.1
       server - IP address -10.60.6.12
                  Subnet mask-255.255.255.0
                  Gateway - 10.60.6.1

   this arrangement was working fine with the sane configuration file.

    scenario - 1
       server - IP address -10.60.5.41
                  Subnet mask-255.255.255.0
                  Gateway - 10.60.5.1
       server - IP address -10.60.6.12
                  Subnet mask-255.255.255.0
                  Gateway - 10.60.6.1

  in second arrangement we only put the server under different Getaway with
same configuration file.
  in this arrangement we didn't get any data. We used VLC player ,but got
same result.

  So please tell me whether we need to do any changes in configuration file
or Dst address in the configuration or
  any other away to solve the problem. Please tell me whether we need to
change the DST if we put the server and
  client under different Gateway.

Thanx,
    Susovan

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Contact your Administrator for further information.