[www-doc] No audio on VLC

Harriet Skjerly harskjerly at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 15:39:41 CET 2005

Hi,

I have been on your discussion boards quite a few times now, and have
tried everything that is suggested to correct this problem of no audio
but nothing I try seems to work. (I have a eMac in system 10.2.8 and it
does not play back DVD's on my computer.) That is  is why I downloaded
the VLC media player. It does play back the video very nicely but I
hear no audio. I changed Audio frequency setting from 1 to 44100 in the
preferences and
also changed the core audio setting from 0 to 1 in the audio device
box. Still no sound. Someone even suggested that they started
Garage band quit it and then started that again and the audio worked.
It doesn't work for me. I think that your media player would really
be great if I could just hear the sound. I am a freelance graphic
designer and create slide show movie presentations
for some of my clients and it would be nice to review these movies
after I've made them on my computer.  I would appreciate
any help on this. It's kinda driving me Crazy!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Harriet Skjerly
harskjerly at earthlink.et