[www-doc] Temporary link against permanent links to Videolan.org

Eclipsis webmaster at eclipsis.fr
Mon Jan 17 06:17:05 CET 2005

Hello,

I take the liberty of contacting you for an unusual request.
I really appreciate your VLC software and I am a long-time user. That's why I contact you.

I'm the webmaster of the Eclipsis.fr website. My city is organizing a competition where the goal is to get the higher pagerank before a date (April 20th 2005). I subscribe to it, since it's open only to website from inhabitants of this french department.

Here is what I'd like so much:
It'd be awesome for me to have a hard link (text-link) on a page like your homepage (http://www.videolan.org). I don't ask a permanent link, but just during the time of the contest. On april 21st, you could remove it, and I will never annoy you again.
In exchange, I can do a permanent link (text or logo) to your site on each page of my site (135 pages total: 11 PR5 pages, 38 PR4 pages and about 90 PR3/PR1 pages).
Besides, I can add your 468x60 banner if you have one, to my partner page.
So I ask an exchange between a temporary link (3 month) on your home, against a permanent one on my whole site.

If you are OK with this, since I'm interested in just the PR, the link can be anywhere on your homepage, any font size (or even a hidden link (within the <noscript> </noscript> for example). It won't "cost" you a lot (just seconds to add it), but will grant my site an excellent Backlink. The text-link to ad should be whatever you want, or simply "Eclipsis" (or "Agence Web") pointing to the URL http://www.eclipsis.fr.

I would be so happy that you accept this "strange" partnership. I'm concious that you may have no time to answer, but please try to :)
Thank you for everything, looking forward adding your link to my pages. Friendly,

Kad, webmaster of Eclipsis.fr

PS1: Please forgive my english ;-)
PS2: You are the only site I have asked this.
PS3: If it's not possible on your homepage, please consider this one (http://www.videolan.org/partners.html)
PS4: "Fortune favors the bold", Alexander the great said =)