[www-doc] Re: [RFC] WebSites

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon Dec 18 18:59:38 CET 2006

Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006, Jean-Paul Saman wrote :
>
>>>2. I think we should migrate slowly developers.v.o to www.v.o/developers
>>>  for all the static page and move all the compile HOWTos to the
>>>  wiki.v.o, because they change a lot.
>>
>>Howto's don't change that much.
>
> The compile HowTOs could adapt to cygwin/mingw breakage that change a
> bit often for example. They don't change that much but more than the
> x264.html for example...

Important here is to have one way of doing ;-) Either we write single
documents (like we do now) or we move the whole developers.v.o to the
wiki. I don't have a preference.

>>>3. I think we could have a link to planet.v.o on the main page.
>>>
>>>4. I think we should have a link to the wiki.v.o on the main menu.
>>>

>>good idea
>
> Good idea for 3. && 4. ?

Why not both ;-)

> Where should I put the wiki.v.o link ? On the first line menu ? On the
> second line menu ?

Under documentation I guess.

>>>5. There were some discussion about translation of the main site.
>>>  I think we can have that but for a *very* limited number of files (3-4
>>>  per language), if we want to keep it up to date.
>>
>>agreed
>
> I suggest we wait for the French Assembly to start the work and comment
> what we could do.

Sounds sensible

>>>12. Other suggestions ?
>>
>>Can't we setup a site/wiki area for knowledge about vlc testing
>>procedures. So that with each release we can go through this testplan
>>and improve on it. I am basically suggesting a QA type of site.
>
> Do you mean to go on on http://wiki.videolan.org/Quality ?

Yeah, didn't know you already started. A goal should be to automate
tests as much as possible. And to attract testers just like the KDE
Quality project.

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.