[www-doc] Re: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/573

Just an Illusion jai4forum at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 27 12:14:50 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have try but I obtain the same result than you.

Do you have try to contact the administrators ?

In any case, I am new on this project and I don't know very well the
organization and the tools used by the project (especially with trac
tool, until now I have mainly use tools like bugzilla or proprietary
solutions).

But if I have well understand the principle, I think that the link
provided for sources is not the good one.
In this specific case, the admin account seems to be directly on the
main video-lan server (in fact on the website server), and open for
reading to anybody.
That is not an optimal way for security aspect.

You can try to recontact sir hartmann or sir joel holdworth to try
obtain the good sources.
In last case, try to contact the videolan trac management team members
to know where are save the associated files when an input is done on the
trac base.

I am sure that you yet know all these points, but some time it is
usefull to remember the basic pratice for memory.
Myself I need it, even if I masterized all my common working domains.
The only things it's remember to be polite and clear, I hope than I have
repect these both aspects.

Thanks and I hope than some one else can help you more than me,
JaI

Gary Wenneker wrote:

> *https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/573*
>
> * *
>
> *Link to binaries result in a 404.*
>
> *If you can obtain it, I really would like to have a copy*
>

> This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
> privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the
> sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
> unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part
> is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to
> change.
>
> Gary.NU shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
> transmission of the information contained in this communication nor
> for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. Gary.NU does
> not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
> maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses,
> interceptions or interference.

---
Antivirus avast! : message Sortant saint.
Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 0639-2, 26/09/2006
Analyse le : 27/09/2006 12:14:59