[www-doc] Re: VideoLAN Wiki e-mail address confirmation - Help required

Aldini, Carmine carmine.aldini at hp.com
Mon Jun 18 12:44:38 CEST 2007

Hello Webadmin,

I need your assistance to understand how can raise an issue involving
the VLC media player.

Do you know who can I involve for the below showed situation? Is there a
solution path I can follow to reach some experts?

Hello,

we need your assistance with the product on object as we are having an
issue where the VLC Media Player 0.8.6c is not able to recognize movies
DVD's .

The VLC player has been installed on customer's HP's Notebooks HP NC6400
series, running XP Professional SP2 (own customer's ISO image) and
having as video adapter solution the (UMA) Intel Graphics Media
Accelerator 950 . The machine installs a Matshita's DVD drive UJ-842S.
The issue is very specific to the above customer's configuration.

The media DVD's are recognized by the drive if the customer install
Intervideo WinDVD(any versions) or Windows Media Player (11).

We would like to ask and verify if you are aware of any such issues
occurred with VLC Player and the solution taken to resolve the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance for your ready help.