[www-doc] Help Please

Steve Holmes stevenholmes at sisna.com
Wed Feb 18 10:31:10 CET 2009

I tried to place a post about a VLC player problem. I spent a couple hours on the site, and I guess I'm just slow, but I couldn't figure out how to send a group message? Could you tell me how to post to the group, and not just to a single individual?
Thanks for your help,
Steve Holmes

This was my post:
I am unable to install the latest vlc media player-0.9.8a-win32.exe. Apparently I have to uninstall my 0.9.0-test2 Grishenko version first. In trying to install the latest player, the installation program will not update or delete the current program. No there is not an uninstall option on the VLC start menu items, there never was. There is no 0.9.0-test2 Grishenko program to uninstall in windows Add or Remove Programs either. There was a 0.9.8a-win32.exe program to remove there after the bad installation. Removing it did not remove the “test” program. So how do I remove the “test” program. I really do not want to reformat my computer to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve