[www-doc] Question about new feature - frame rate selection

Peter Halenbeck Peter.Halenbeck at st.com
Wed Mar 4 01:13:33 CET 2009

Hello-

As you know, current generation TVs are running at 120Hz and soon,
240Hz.  Our company develops ICs for TVs.  We are running simulations on
new firmware for 120Hz displays. These simulations output 120ffps as
bitmap images.  We then generate an MPEG movie to playback the images to
evaluate the results. We currently use VLC for playback on some
simulations. Is there a way a different frame rate can be selected on
VLC beyond just increasing the playback speed?

Thank you,

Pete Halenbeck

ST Microelectronics / Faroudja

Santa Clara, CA. USA