[www-doc] reporting bug web page gives 404

Saul Krasny skrasny at druidpartners.com
Wed Dec 29 14:22:47 CET 2010

Hi,

I want to report a bug (I hope it's a bug and not a feature request).

When I went to http://wiki.videolan.org/Report_bugs  from http://www.videolan.org/support/index.html
  I got a 404.

I'd appreciate if you could forward this to the right people.

I am trying to use vlc to display a photo.

My main reason for using vlc for photos is to get at a dlna server. It
sees the server fine, but chokes on pictures.

I got mixed results tying to play on the pictures folder, eventually
by setting repeat 1 I could get a particular picture to show, but if I
chose any other it would play as far as the controller ui is concerned
but the one on display didn't change.

In trying to simplify and just play one I switched to file open and
pointed it at a jpg on my local machine.

Nothing was displayed.

I have attached the message log below. I ran the app to forget
preferences reinstalled the latest version.

I can't find a decent dlna rendering app for the mac. xbmc hangs (or
takes very very long) and I don't much like it anyway.

I prefer simple.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

Saul Krasny
skrasny at druidpartners.com
508 992 0620

I have attached the jpeg from the local machine test and here is the log

main debug: Activated
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: rebuild done - 0 items, index -1
main debug: looking for services probe module: 5 candidates
main debug: no services probe module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 4.257 ms - Total 4.257 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 4.257 ms)
macosx debug: using Leopard AR cookies
macosx debug: notification received in VLC with name VLCOSXGUIInit and
object VLCEyeTVSupport
main debug: looking for services probe module: 5 candidates
main debug: no services probe module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 4.175 ms - Total 4.175 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 4.175 ms)
main debug: adding item `houseboat.jpg' ( file:///Users/user/Pictures/houseboat.jpg
  )
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: Creating an input for 'houseboat.jpg'
main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index -1
main debug: processing request item houseboat.jpg node Playlist skip 0
main debug: resyncing on houseboat.jpg
main debug: houseboat.jpg is at 0
main debug: starting new item
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: Creating an input for 'houseboat.jpg'
main debug: thread (input) created at priority 22 (input/input.c:214)
main debug: thread started
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB
main debug: using timeshift path '/tmp'
main debug: `file:///Users/user/Pictures/houseboat.jpg' gives access
`file' demux `' path `/Users/user/Pictures/houseboat.jpg'
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='/Users/user/
Pictures/houseboat.jpg'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 2 candidates
main debug: no access_demux module matching "file" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.161 ms - Total 0.161 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 0.161 ms)
main debug: creating access 'file' path='/Users/user/Pictures/
houseboat.jpg'
main debug: looking for access module: 3 candidates
access_mmap debug: opening file /Users/user/Pictures/houseboat.jpg
main debug: using access module "access_mmap"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.358 ms - Total 0.358 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 0.358 ms)
main debug: Using AStream*Block
main debug: pre buffering
main debug: received first data after 0 ms
main debug: prebuffering done 420236 bytes in 0s - 6412292 KiB/s
main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 5 candidates
main debug: no stream_filter module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.252 ms - Total 0.252 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 0.252 ms)
main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate
main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.219 ms - Total 0.219 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 0.219 ms)
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='/Users/user/
Pictures/houseboat.jpg'
main debug: no fetch required for (null) (art currently (null))
main debug: looking for demux module: 51 candidates
mjpeg debug: JPEG SOI marker detected
main debug: selecting program id=0
main debug: using demux module "mjpeg"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.240 ms - Total 2.240 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 2.240 ms)
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in /Users/user/Pictures/
main debug: looking for decoder module: 31 candidates
macosx debug: input has changed, refreshing interface
avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 0x345e03)
avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering
avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) started
main debug: using decoder module "avcodec"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 133.728 ms - Total 133.728 ms / 1
intvls (Avg 133.728 ms)
main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 0 (input/decoder.c:301)
main debug: thread started
main debug: looking for meta reader module: 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Users/user/Library/Application
Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/meta/reader
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/
share/lua/meta/reader
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/
MacOS/share/lua/meta/reader/filename.lua
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/
share/share/lua/meta/reader
main debug: no meta reader module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.360 ms - Total 1.360 ms / 1 intvls
(Avg 1.360 ms)
main debug: `file:///Users/user/Pictures/houseboat.jpg' successfully
opened
mjpeg debug: we found another JPEG SOI at 6793
mjpeg debug: JPEG EOI detected at 12013
mjpeg debug: we found another JPEG SOI at 13891
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 15360 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 20480 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 25600 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 30720 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 35840 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 40960 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 46080 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 51200 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 56320 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 61440 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 66560 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 71680 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 76800 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 81920 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 87040 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 92160 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 97280 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 102400 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 107520 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 112640 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 117760 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 122880 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 128000 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 133120 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 138240 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 143360 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 148480 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 153600 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 158720 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 163840 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 168960 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 174080 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 179200 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 184320 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 189440 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 194560 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 199680 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 204800 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 209920 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 215040 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 220160 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 225280 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 230400 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 235520 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 240640 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 245760 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 250880 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 256000 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 261120 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 266240 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 271360 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 276480 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 281600 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 286720 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 291840 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 296960 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 302080 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 307200 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 312320 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 317440 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 322560 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 327680 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 332800 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 337920 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 343040 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 348160 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 353280 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 358400 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 363520 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 368640 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 373760 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 378880 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 384000 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 389120 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 394240 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 399360 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 404480 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 409600 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 414720 bytes
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 419840 bytes
access_mmap debug: at end of memory mapped file
mjpeg debug: JPEG EOI detected at 420236
mjpeg debug: did not find JPEG EOI in 420236 bytes
access_mmap debug: at end of memory mapped file
mjpeg warning: no more data
mjpeg warning: no more data is available at the moment
main debug: EOF reached
main debug: finished input
avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) stopped
main debug: removing module "avcodec"
main debug: killing decoder fourcc `MJPG', 0 PES in FIFO
main debug: removing module "mjpeg"
main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record"
main debug: removing module "access_mmap"
main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES
main debug: thread ended
main debug: dead input
main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/1)
main debug: nothing to play
macosx debug: input has stopped, refreshing interface
main debug: TIMER input launching for 'houseboat.jpg' : 140.451 ms -
Total 140.451 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 140.451 ms)