[x264-devel] Unresolved symbol x264_pixel_sad_16x8_mmxext

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Thu Dec 9 09:09:30 CET 2004

Hi,
this is probably a binutils bug with a "don't do this then" workaround, but
anyway:

If you strip --strip-unneeded libx264.a [on Linux, but I'm fairly sure it's
the same on most other OSes], all symbols from core/i386/pixel.asm,
core/i386/cpu.asm and core/i386/mc.asm are stripped out (even though they're
all but unneeded).

I'm not familiar enough with nasm semantics to know if there's a way to mark a
symbol as relevant for relocation - anyone?

LLaP
bero