[x264-devel] x264 initialization and threads

Måns Rullgård mru at mru.ath.cx
Thu Jul 15 01:10:58 CEST 2004

Is there any initialization of global data in x264 that is not thread
safe?  If yes, I suggest a separate initialization function to perform
these things in order to simplify the locking requirements of
applications using x264.

For the rate control I need a small table of static values to avoid
some floating point calculations.  For now I can initialize it the
first time an encoder instance is created.  It's not thread safe as
such, but double initialization won't do any harm either.

Any comments on this?

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at mru.ath.cx