[x264-devel] Re: test clips

Kurosu kurosu at inforezo.org
Mon Jul 26 17:24:55 CEST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> > You should find some sequences here:
> > http://www.stewe.org/vceg.org/sequences.htm
>
> Hmm, those all give me 404 errors.

Sorry, I had a previous link to a site no longer hosted where it was, and
I just followed the trail till this page.

> I grabbed a few, and they seem like good test sequences.  However, I'd
> like some slightly longer ones as well.  Are there any (more or less)
> standard test sequences around 1 minute of time, or should I just rip
> something from some DVDs?

Indeed, those sequences aren't really made for RC tests, but rather motion
estimation, mesh animation and the like. I think the Paris sequence is
longer but nowhere near something offering a wide range of bitrate. This
is probably due to research on RC being focused on achieving CBR. I can't
recall any test (H.263's TMN8 RC for instance) using other sequences than
the typical stefan/akiko/claire/coastguard/... ones.

So I do think you'd better use your own sequences if you plan to test RC.

Good luck,
--
Kurosu (Kurosu (at) inforezo dot org)