[x264-devel] improvements for the VfW frontend

Riccardo Stievano walkunafraid at tin.it
Tue Oct 12 19:18:14 CEST 2004

Hello everyone!

I recently got interested in x264 and I'd like to contribute some
improvements to the VfW frontend, which is currently outdated - and
it doesn't even compile in current revision. Right now I managed to
compile it successfully (using MinGW) with just a few changes, but of
course the GUI lacks a lot of stuff.

Since reworking the GUI completely is going to require quite a bit of
time I wanted to ask if you are interested in the idea and if someone
is already working on this. If it's OK I can start hacking the
frontend right now - I've already worked a bit with XviD's VfW code
which is pretty similar so I don't foresee big problems, though I may
need some help with the codec API.

Please let me know what you think.

--virus