[x264-devel] Speed Issue

Xiaojie Huang hworldjj at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 04:56:22 CEST 2004

Hi fenrir,

I think the speed is an important issue in any
practical codec especially for H.264. The modification
in my last mail can improve the encoding speed at
least 1 fps. If you think it influence the
independency, we can define another variable to
indicate whether we should encode the current MB again
to solve this problem.

If we allocate another small buffer 9*16*16, we can
save the prediction data of 9 intra 4x4 modes into
this buffer. When the best mode has been chosen,  the
prediction data can be immediately used to encode the
current MB instead of computing them again. Intra
16x16 also can employ the same method.

If anyone is interested in  the speed, let's discuss
it . My MSN: hworldjj at hotmail.com

Xiaojie Huang