[x264-devel] Re: Building snapshot with x264

Michael S. Kazmier mkazmier at empowersat.com
Fri Oct 22 16:32:07 CEST 2004

> If you just want to playback h264 files, you can just grab a fresh cvs
> version of mplayer as it uses ffmpeg libs, and features many more
> filters/options/video output drivers than ffmpeg does.
> MPlayer also allows you to encode in h264 with x264 through MEncoder.

Hello Guillaume,

Thank you for the fast response.  But if you could keep pointing me in
the right direction.... I have the latest MPlayer snapshot and when I
configure "--with-x264" it fails.  I have also done a --with-x264incdir=
with that pointing to the x264-Trunk... but still no luck.  Any "howto"
docs out there on the build procedure?

Thanks,

Mike