[x264-devel] Access Unit Delimiter

Pablo Pérez ppg353 at tid.es
Thu Apr 7 16:19:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am using x264 + VLC to stream AVC video in MPEG-2 Transport Stream.
x264 does not use Access Unit Delimiters (AUDs) to mark frame starts
(or, at least, I have not found how to do it). However, the use of these
NAL units is mandatory when embeddng AVC video streams in MPEG-2 systems
(Ammendment 3 of MPEG-2 (2000)  part 1 recommendation).

So, is there any option to include AUDs in the video stream? Is it
planned to include this feature in the future?

Thanks,
Pablo