[x264-devel] Re: Access Unit Delimiter

leon jorgunsen leon.jorgunsen at caramail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:53:30 CEST 2005

> > I am using x264 + VLC to stream AVC video in MPEG-2 Transport
> > Stream. x264 does not use Access Unit Delimiters (AUDs) to mark frame
> > starts (or, at least, I have not found how to do it). However, the use
> > of these NAL units is mandatory when embeddng AVC video streams in
> > MPEG-2 systems (Ammendment 3 of MPEG-2 (2000)  part 1 recommendation).
>
> My draft of that document doesn't mention this requirement.  Do you
> have a later version?  Could I have a copy, please?

Quoted from ISO/IEC 13818-1/2000/FDAM-3 (N5771):
"2.14 Carriage of ITU-T Rec. H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10 Video
The ITU-T Rec. H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10 coded data shall comply with the byte stream format defined in Annex B of ITU-T Rec. H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10, with the following constraints:
• Each AVC access unit shall contain an access_unit_delimiter NAL Unit.
• Each byte stream NAL Unit containing the access unit delimiter contains one zero_byte preceding the start_code_prefix_one_3bytes, as required by ITU-T Rec. H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10.
• Sequence and Picture Parameter Sets (SPS and PPS) shall be present within each AVC video stream carried in  Transport and Program streams (Note that ITU-T Rec. H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10 allows the delivery of SPS and PPS by external means).
• To provide display specific information such as aspect_ratio, it is strongly recommended that the each AVC video stream carries VUI messages with sufficient information to ensure that the decoded AVC video stream can be displayed correctly by receivers."

C est le moment de dynamiser votre boîte mail en découvrant les offres CaraMail Max et Pro - http://www.caramail.com