[x264-devel] Compile Error in mc-a2.asm

Arvind R. arvind at acarlab.com
Fri Apr 15 14:30:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

Tried to compile svn#202; and nasm ( 0.98-38 ) gave up on
line 288 in mc-a2.asm; saying operand size unknown. Since
the mmx codes are Greek to me; I just commented out lines
288 and 289 and compilation went fine ( using auto-tools ).
Sorry to say the encoder segfaults.

Updated libavcodec to cvs of yesterday; and for the first
time got vlc to transcode to x264 ( using libx264-svn131 )
and playback! Great!

Please, if somebody can correct the mc-a2.asm; I can put
put the .deb and rpm on my site; along with the auto-tool
scripts.

- arvind