[x264-devel] few quick questions #2

Tom Jacobs T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Apr 24 10:40:58 CEST 2005

hi

i have got another couple of questions i hope that people can help me out
with.

h->pred

does this structure store information about the current MB being analyied
and coded? if so its data gets over written for ever MB.  so, in the
parallel implementation there should be a private ored structure for every
slice being encoded?

h->stat

does this structure store information about the current number of bits used
in the frame and the total bits in the current sequence? for the parallel
implementation champ said:

>ok, I have to said, I do not alter RD implementation, and RD doesn't work
>currently. If you >encode a sequence by N thread with M kbps. The result
>will be NMkbps. If you want to >produce Mkbps, you should specified M/N as
>bitrate parameter.

I am guessing for this it means that all the stat information is private for
each slice. each slice gets its own allowance of bits which cant be used in
other slices?

if anyone can clear these few questions up that would be most appreciated

Tom