[x264-devel] Hard to encode A/V sample

Ken Johanson ken at kensystem.com
Thu Apr 28 19:46:08 CEST 2005

Dear x264 developers..

I've been testing and am REALLY impressed with this codec!! Its
performance is roughly twice the speed of WM and Real from the testing
I've done. I encoded at 950Kbps CBR on the below 720x480 (DV/AVI)
stream, comparing it to playback of WM and Real (same bitrate/CBR).. but
the artifacting what noticeable higher on the 264. This may be related
to the fact that the camera has lots of iris fluctuation thats a
challenge to the motion estimation?

Here its is to play/optimize with (260MB):

http://65.125.174.105/public/REFERENCE.avi

Thanks!!!