[x264-devel] Re: 1/4 pixel resolution

leon jorgunsen leon.jorgunsen at caramail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:21:34 CEST 2005

Guys,

You can perform 1/8-pel motion compensation if you use bi-predicted blocks, the same reference picture in lists 0 and 1, and a 1/4-pel motion vector difference between the blocks. The interpolation of the two 1/4-pel positions is a 1/8-pel position.
You can also imagine greater resolution by combining bi-prediction and weighted prediction...

--Leon