[x264-devel] H.264 bitstream visualization tool?

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Feb 1 17:46:38 CET 2005

Is anyone aware of an H.264 bitstream visualization tool,
something that would read H.264 bitstream and display graphically at least
where there are intra and inter blocks and motion vectors and
macroblock partitioning? Something like the tool described in here
http://www.ep.liu.se/exjobb/isy/2004/3561/

mplayer -lavdopts vismv=1
is nice but doesn't display partition types / intra blocks.

mplayer -lavdopts debug=0x4000
gives nice picture but I don't know what it means =)

mplayer -lavdopts debug=<some other values>
gives nice ASCII-pictures, but it would
be better if the visualization would be
embedded on the image.

mplayer -lavdopts debug=0x4008:vismv=1
is very nice but
- Can not single-step forward/backward
- Image low-resolution: would be better if the decoded
   image would be scaled twice larger, then visualization
   embedded on it
- Appears not to display sub-partitions (or maybe my file
   doesn't have them).